Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associates’s primary role is to support the School’s Development Office administratively and strategically.
The Rashi School is now seeking a Development Associate to join the Development team. In addition to the Development Associate, the department consists of the Director of Development, Assistant Director of Development, and the Director of Alumni Relations and Events.
- Oversee all areas of gift processing, acknowledgement, tracking, and reconciliation.
- Assist in donor cultivation activities with preparation, production, mailing, and correspondence.
- Handle inquiries from donors, prospects, and Board members.
- Support Development team in the management of an annual portfolio of high-profile events.
- Assist with select internal Development meeting preparation including booking rooms, creating agendas, assembling briefing materials, taking meeting minutes, and making travel and conference call arrangements.
- Serve as a primary point of contact with Board members, parents, donors, funders, Alumni, Alumni Parents, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit organization and/or experience handling receivables, reconciliations and record keeping.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, web and email contact technology and programs.
- Database experience required, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and data security at all times.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.