The Rashi School is currently hiring for the role of a full time Facilities Technician (Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3 pm, with opportunities for OT evenings and weekends). The Facilities Technician helps to provide students, faculty, staff and visitors with a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean facility in which to learn, play, and develop. The Facilities Technician performs a variety of tasks related to the general care and maintenance of the School building and grounds including; cleaning, repairing, maintaining, and communicating with the Director of Facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Clean areas of the school as assigned (i.e., classrooms, halls, offices, rest rooms, cafeteria, kitchen, gymnasium, etc.), sweep, scrub, wax, polish floors, vacuum, mop, buff floors, wash windows, clean white boards and walls, paint, replace light bulbs, make minor repairs, etc.
- Sweep walks and entrances, pick up debris on the grounds, clean drains, gutters, and roofs.
- Wash, scrub, disinfect rest rooms daily, and clean all sanitary fixtures, door panels, and drinking fountains daily.
- Clean up spills, pick up trash, and respond to special requests for custodial services from faculty and staff with supervisor approval.
- Set up, take down, and move furniture, shelving and partitions as assigned.
- Identify, report and rectify safety, sanitary, and fire hazards.
- Perform routine grounds keeping duties such as grass cutting, tree and shrub trimming.
- Clean and polish any metal works such as hand railings door hardware restroom fixtures.
- Be responsible for locking doors and windows, turning out lights and securing building as assigned.
- Requisition custodial supplies and equipment as necessary. Assist in maintaining an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Check daily that all exit doors are open and all panic bars are functioning properly during the hours of building occupancy
- Coordinate the shipping and receiving of school supplies.
- Assist in greeting and directing visitors within School property.
- Participate in complete cleaning and routine maintenance of building during the summer and winter School breaks.
- Participate in in-service programs as assigned.
- Act as a friendly ambassador for The Rashi School.
- Perform specific projects and maintenance tasks as directed by the Director of Facilities or School Administrators.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
- High School or Trade School Diploma or equivalent is required. Degree in Facilities Management a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with supervisors, students, parents, and staff. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry, painting and electrical work. Ability to make repairs and adjustments to structures and equipment using these skills.
- Knowledge of security systems (i.e. electronic and key locks).
- Knowledge of OSHA, MassDEP and other safety standards. Training offered and required by The Rashi School.
- Experience using commercial cleaning solutions, equipment, and machinery.
- Knowledge of requirements for maintaining clean and safe school buildings.
- Familiarity with handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with students and employees.
- Physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs, occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, to stretch and bend.
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids. PPE provided.
Required Certificates, Licenses and other documentation:
- Suitable Massachusetts CORI and FBI fingerprinting national background check
- Blood borne Pathogen Training (company provided)
- OSHA’s Right to Know (company provided)
- Lockout Tag Out (company provided)
- Ongoing Health and Safety training (company provided)
Interested candidates should send resume and professional references to email@example.com