Learning Specialist, grades 3-5
The Rashi School, the Boston area’s Reform Jewish independent school serving students in grades K–8, seeks a full time Learning Specialist for Grades 3-5 for the 2019-2020 school year.
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, the Learning Specialist in grades 3-5 works collaboratively with the faculty to support student learning across the curriculum.
Position responsibilities include:
- Provide small group support in reading grades 3-5.
- Provide in-class writing support grades 3-5.
- Provide project-based academic and executive functioning support in science, social studies, and Jewish studies.
- Work with students, as needed, during lunch and academic choice.
- Meet weekly with grade level teams to ensure proper accommodations and modifications.
- Participate in weekly Learning Specialist meetings.
- Collect and present data at Learning Team meetings.
- Develop Learning Plans for students with IEPs or private evaluations in collaboration with the School Psychologist.
- Attend IEP meetings and advocate for Rashi students at their public school.
- Coordinate AIMSweb benchmark screenings in grades 3-5.
- Conduct progress monitoring as needed in grades 3-5.
- Proctor accommodations room during ERB standardized testing.
- Supervise after school homework support 2-3 times a week.
- Communicate with parents regularly.
- Participate in Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Attend weekly faculty meetings.
- Attend weekly supervisory meetings.
Position requirements include:
- Master’s Degree and at least three years of experience working as a learning specialist or special educator, preferably at the upper elementary level.
- Experience with Wilson Reading System, Read Live, AIMSweb, and EmPOWER (preferred).
- Warmth, flexibility, and a willingness to work collaboratively.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits include medical, dental, life, and long term disability insurance, retirement plan matching and paid time off.