Yachad means “together.”
Welcome! Through Yachad, Rashi’s Parent Council, we as parents come together to live our Rashi core values and support our community of families, teachers, and staff. Yachad means “together.” All parents/guardians of Rashi students are members of Yachad and work collectively to build a warm and inclusive community. Our goal is to provide opportunities for community building, express our deep appreciation for Rashi’s amazing faculty and staff, support those in need, celebrate Jewish holidays together, and foster open communication between the parents and the administration.
Vikki Sherman and Dara Grossman
How We’re Organized
Yachad has a strong leadership team that oversees the various areas of our organization:
- Co-Chairs: Dara Grossman and Vikki Sherman
- Committee Chairs:
- Communications: Stacey Suckerman
- Budget/ Finance: Josie Semel
- Celebrations: Pam Robbins, Joanna Schneider, Talia Valkin, and Dina Zoob
- Kehillah: Rosa Franck, Karina Gilbert, Alyson Smith, and Annie Wayne
- Welcoming: Jen Adelson, Wendy Berger, Danielle Darish, and Jamie Perelman
- Simchas and Sadness: Brooke Roth and Samantha Shinewald
- Room Parents: Abbe Klein and Jessica Myers
- Teacher Appreciation: Kerry Epstein and Lindsay Guttell
- Pizza Thursday: Rebecca Hollander
- Challah: Alla Vigdorchik
- Edukit/Directory: Erica Fine
- Volunteers: YOU, our Rashi Families! Our hard working committee chairs rely entirely on parent volunteers for the planning and execution of all programming and events. Whether you can make a large or small time commitment, we welcome your involvement. We look forward to working with you during the upcoming school year!
What We Do
Yachad strengthens the Rashi community through events, programming, fundraisers, and family outreach. We…
- Plan and execute community building events.
- Plan and execute holiday events and support Rashi’s holiday programming.
- Welcome new families.
- Provide Room Parent leadership.
- Organize teacher and staff appreciation.
- Fundraise through Pizza Thursday, Challah delivery, and EduKit services.
- Work with Rashi to produce and distribute the Rashi Family Directory.
- Support families during times of need.
- Facilitate communication between parents and school administration.