PRE-K AT RASHI
The Rashi School Pre-Kindergarten, designed for four-year-olds and launched in the fall of 2022, provides a warm, nurturing, and intentional early childhood program that integrates play with Jewish and secular learning. Our philosophy is developmentally based to build children’s confidence, creativity, and love of school as they engage in age-appropriate learning. Rashi Pre-K offers a safe and trusting classroom environment that prioritizes both indoor and outdoor education.
The theme for Pre-K is discovery. Pre-K students are explorers who bring curiosity, innocence, and trust to their learning; they use these traits to discover themselves, their community and the world around them. Guided by our faculty, children have opportunities to communicate clearly, problem solve, and learn from mistakes. And as they play, children develop social-emotional skills, language and literacy skills, and mathematical and scientific thinking.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN AT A GLANCE
Throughout the classroom, the activity centers are related to the theme being studied. Each area is purposely planned to promote a series of skills to help children develop and learn in a multitude of ways. The activities and materials are open-ended and allow children to explore and develop at their own rate. Children come together for morning meeting which incorporates Hebrew vocabulary, literacy and math skills, and a variety of ways to greet each other each day which fosters social interaction. Everyday, students are challenged to gently push them out of their comfort zones to encourage further learning. Jewish holidays, Torah stories, and Rashi’s core values are implemented into our daily curriculum.
- Families will see a continuum of Jewish and secular learning from ages 4-14
- Our social justice curriculum emphasizes Tikkun Olam—repairing the world—and the Jewish value of giving back to the community
- Rashi has a magnificent, spacious campus with numerous ecologies for hands-on learning, like the Charles River, forests, a pond, and vernal pool
- Children have opportunities to develop connections with children across the grades as well as with the senior residents at NewBridge on the Charles
- Rashi is home to a modern library, state-of-the-art gym, 433-seat theater, and art and music rooms
Tuition for 2023-24
Rashi’s Pre-Kindergarten program for the 2023-24 school year is being offered at $23,000 for five days a week, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Tuition includes the After School program from 3:00 – 6:00 PM Monday through Thursday.