PRE-K AT RASHI
The Rashi School Pre-Kindergarten, designed for four-year-olds and launched in the fall of 2022, provides a warm, nurturing, and intentional early childhood program that integrates play with Jewish and secular learning. Our philosophy is developmentally based to build children’s confidence, creativity, and love of school as they engage in age-appropriate learning. Rashi Pre-K offers a safe and trusting classroom environment that prioritizes both indoor and outdoor education.
The theme for Pre-K is discovery. Pre-K students are explorers who bring curiosity, innocence, and trust to their learning; they use these traits to discover themselves, their community and the world around them. Guided by our faculty, children have opportunities to communicate clearly, problem solve, and learn from mistakes. And as they play, children develop social-emotional skills, language and literacy skills, and mathematical and scientific thinking.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN AT A GLANCE
Children come together for circle time, story time and other group activities, participating in greetings, sharing, activities, and morning messages in order to strengthen collaboration and cooperation skills. At the maze table, students work to improve cognitive skills such as reasoning, trial and error, concentration and memory. In the art center, children use their hands to tilt a shadow box and strategically maneuver paint-dipped marbles so that the design is dispersed across the paper, thus fostering hand-eye coordination. During the study of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, we discuss the significance of apples, honey, a round challah, and the shofar; Hebrew vocabulary for these symbols is incorporated into each activity: apple (tapuach), honey (d’vash), and Happy New Year (L’shanah tovah).
- Families will see a continuum of Jewish and secular learning from ages 4-14
- Our social justice curriculum emphasizes Tikkun Olam—repairing the world—and the Jewish value of giving back to the community
- Rashi has a magnificent, spacious campus with numerous ecologies for hands-on learning, like the Charles River, forests, a pond, and vernal pool
- Children have opportunities to develop connections with children across the grades as well as with the senior residents at NewBridge on the Charles
- Rashi is home to a modern library, state-of-the-art gym, 433-seat theater, and art and music rooms
Tuition for 2023-24
Rashi’s Pre-Kindergarten program for the 2023-24 school year is being offered at $23,000 for five days a week, 8:00AM – 3:00PM. Tuition includes the After School program from 3:00 – 6:00PM Monday through Thursday. The deadline for new family applications is January 31, 2022.