HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in The Rashi School!
Priority Admissions Cycle (siblings of current students and children of Rashi employees and alumni)
Application deadline: Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Financial aid deadline: Friday, December 3, 2021
Admissions decisions: Friday, January 28, 2022
Regular Admissions Cycle
Application deadline: Monday, January 31, 2022
Financial aid deadline: Monday, January 31, 2022
Admissions decisions: Friday, April 8, 2022
We do accept off-cycle applications after the Jan. 31, 2022 deadline; however, you will receive an admissions decision after April 15.
If you plan to apply for financial aid, you must do so when you apply for admission, as we render the admission and aid decisions together. Applying for financial aid after the January 31 deadline means there may not be aid available for your child, even if you are eligible.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at
if you need help with the application process.
Here are the steps to apply your child to Rashi.
1. Submit an inquiry: Click here to submit an inquiry. This lets the Admissions Office know that you want to learn more, provides you with a personal login to your admissions portal, subscribes you to our email list, helps you schedule a visit, and offers information about upcoming events. We’ll follow up by phone or email.
2. Schedule a tour. During the 2021-22 year, masked and vaccinated adults (and children 12+) may take either an outdoor or indoor tour. Individual outdoor tours will be scheduled during the school day to allow you to observe outdoor classes and activities. Individual indoor tours will be offered on select weekday evenings between 6:00 – 8:00 PM. We also invite you to attend one of our virtual events.
3. Submit the application for admission. If you have already submitted an inquiry form and know your login credentials, click here to continue the admissions process. If you would like to apply to The Rashi School and have not yet created an account, please do so here.
Through the Admissions Portal, you can complete the application, accompanied by a $65 application fee payable by credit card. Families are encouraged to apply by January 31 in order to be included in the regular admissions cycle, however we welcome applications throughout the year on a space-available basis.
4. Submit the following supporting materials (most can be done online).
a. The AISNE (Association of Independent Schools in New England) student evaluation form(s), to be completed by your child’s teacher. At any point, through the Admissions Portal you can email the AISNE form(s) to the teacher(s). These forms need to be submitted directly to the Rashi Admissions department by the teacher.
b. Authorization for Release of Transcript form, to be submitted to your child’s current school. This grants permission for them to forward your child’s most recent academic records to Rashi.
5. If you intend to apply for financial aid, applications must be received by January 31. The Rashi School provides financial aid to approximately 35% of students based on demonstrated need, totaling more than $2 million annually. Learn about our financial aid process here.
6. Schedule your child’s visit/assessment. This process will be mostly virtual during the 2021-22 school year. Academic and social/emotional assessments are conducted by a Rashi educator once the AISNE teacher form(s) has been received. Please be in touch with Admissions Associate Rachel Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule this step.
7. Rashi sends admissions decisions to families on March 10. Please check your Admissions Portal that day to retrieve your child’s decision letter and information about enrollment.