YACHAD: RASHI’S PARENT COUNCIL
Yachad Means “Together.”
Welcome! Through Yachad, Rashi’s Parent Council, we as parents come together to live our Rashi core values and support our community of families, teachers, and staff. Yachad means “together.” All parents/guardians of Rashi students are members of Yachad and work collectively to build a warm and inclusive community. We are led by a strong team of dedicated parent volunteers who chair our various committees, and serve as grade-level representatives to ensure our Rashi ruach (spirit) resonates for all. Together, our goals are to provide opportunities for community building; express our deep appreciation for Rashi’s talented faculty and staff; foster open communication between the parents and the administration; support those in need; celebrate Jewish holidays; and act as ambassadors for Rashi in the Greater Boston Jewish community.
How We’re Organized
Yachad has a strong leadership team that oversees the various areas of our organization:
- Co-Chairs: Vikki Sherman, Alyson Smith & Jessica Myers
- Committee Chairs:
- Communications: Stacey Suckerman
- Budget: Abbe Klein
- Celebrations: Dina Zoob, Brooke Roth, Joanna Schneider, Talia Valkin & Samantha Shinewald
- Kehillah: Ruth Kanfer, Maya Mindlin, Caren Pearlman & Pam Robbins
- Welcoming: Danielle Darish, Liat Rosen, Jessica Lasser, Kate Treitman Brown, Jamie Perelman & Rosa Franck
- Simchas and Sadness: Jennifer Adelson & Amy O’Donnell
- Rashi Wear: Annie Wayne & Kate Urman
- Teacher Appreciation: Kerry Epstein & Lindsay Guttell
- Pizza Thursday/Lunch: Elyse Leventhal
- Challah: Alla Vigdorchik
- Edukit/Directory: Ali Fine
- Volunteers: YOU, our Rashi Families! Our hard working committee chairs rely entirely on parent volunteers for the planning and execution of all programming and events. Whether you can make a large or small time commitment, we welcome your involvement. We look forward to working with you during the upcoming school year!
What We Do
Yachad strengthens the Rashi community through events, programming, fundraisers, and family outreach. We…
- Plan and execute community building events.
- Plan and execute holiday events and support Rashi’s holiday programming.
- Provide grade level leadership and parent representation.
- Organize teacher and staff appreciation.
- Welcome new families.
- Act as ambassadors for Rashi in the Greater Boston Jewish community and engage with prospective families.
- Fundraise through Pizza Thursday, Challah delivery, and EduKit delivery.
- Work with Rashi to produce and distribute the Rashi Family Directory.
- Support families during times of need.
- Facilitate communication between parents and school administration.